Thursday, April 9, 2009

its. getting. far far worse.

i have become a vampire. i haven't killed anyone (yet) or anything like that. but i haven't been sleeping. seriously, since last friday sleep has evaded me like my undead friends. not even sleeping aids will help. natural or narcotic. there is a reason for this..several really. said reasons stem from the same source...books...you MIGHT know of them...the twilight series?
it started out innocently enough. the first book, twilight sucked me in fairly quickly but still i guess i wasn't as "invested" in the characters as i would eventually become. toward the end of it though, i was racing for my keys to drive to the closest barnes and noble for the next book in the series, new moon. now THIS is where it has become...well...PAINFUL to read. if you haven't read further than the first book..STOP READING HERE AND NOW!!!!! let me first inform those of you that don't know, i am 39 years old. not 19, not even 25....THIRTY NINE. and a mother. whose mothering has gone by the wayside in lieu of too much reading during the day. then at night the reading continues. and the material is such an adrenaline rush that i can't get to sleep. first of all i can't stop reading and then by that point its like 1:30 and then i can't fall alseep because i am too amped up!!! the story is almost too much for me to handle. why?? because of this guy right here:ok, so i OBVIOUSLY don't have to tell you that the guy is good-looking. no. i do not. but it's not really HIM..rob pattinson..it's edward cullen that we all love. is it not? and at this point in new moon i think i keep reading so that i can get to the point where they are together!! its KILLING me. really. all reality has gone out the window. i have reverted back to when i was a teenager and actually believed that i would marry roger taylor from duran duran. this would all be much easier to bear if i could just sleep at night. but i can't i am haunted. it's just so hard to keep away...to find out what happens next....to see if they...you know....do it!!! so much so that i think i may have to take a break from all this vampire romance after new moon is over. i just hope i can. are there any twerds out there that can offer help? without giving anything away of course. even if you wanted to just air YOUR grievances..that would be helpful.

12 comments:

alison giese Interiors said...

Oh, Guuurl! I wish I could offer you some consolation - but, I (33 y/o mom, btw) got sucked in as much as you! I could've written your post - and I posted some of these same pics last night on my FB page (sad, I know!)
Don't even try to let it rest - just have Eclipse and Breaking Dawn ready. You WON'T be disappointed! ;)

MFAMB said...

im so scared for it to all be over though!!!
yet i feel like i am in some kind of fictional book alter universe. its so weird.
xoj

Joanna Goddard said...

you are so funny! i want to read these now! xoxo

Dumbwit Tellher said...

You are hilarious. Both my daughters are tragically hooked. I haven't begun the books but saw the movie. YES..I too loved it & yes..him! Ahhh...but then again, I worshiped "Angel"

Thanks for the eye candy AND he has a glorious accent..geezzz

The movie was actually filmed not far from where my family lives!

Elizabeth said...

I finished the second book and I'm waiting for my 19 year old daughter to finish the third so I can have it!!
BTW I found your blog through Hidden in France. I'm glad I did, because I had tons of fun reading some of your older posts! I love finding blogs written with a fun sense of humor! You are so funny! I'll be coming back for more! Now go and get some sleep :)

MFAMB said...

"tragically hooked"...yes. that's it exactly.!
and joanna...consider yourself warned!!!

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE boy crushes!!!

Corine/hidden in france said...

What? really? Did I wrongly dismiss those books as teen-lit? But mostly, I'm not sure I should take on yet a new addiction.

MFAMB said...

corine...you DID NOT wrongly dismiss as teen lit. but this is the best teen lit ever. it transcends the teens my friend. it is a love story above all else and the best one i have read since i can remember. i warn you however, that the addiction (for me at least) is strong. so strong that around here the books are called cracklight. not twilight.
sigh. edward cullen is a very good literary hero. up there with darcy and all those others.
xoj

Hazel Martin Designs said...

I (41 yr old married,mom) can totally relate! I read all 4 books in 10 days! It really ruined my life! I think all women want to be loved the way Edward loves Bella! I have a GREAT hubby BUT he can't touch Edward's perfection! I own the movie but haven't watched it because I know it will send me back into my crazed obsession! Edward IS the perfect man and theirs is the greatest love story! Keep Reading!

Anonymous said...

I am 60 years old and was also hooked. Couldn't put the books down until all were read. I read one book a year with this many pages in them and read all 4 of these in less than 6 weeks - mostly 2 days for each book. Did they do it? Well, can't tell ya - just read on and totally enjoy.....Rebecca

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Twillight is a wonderful love story. If you liked Twillight, I think Edward's perspective is even BETTER. If only Stephanie Meyer will finish writing Midnight Sun.