Monday, September 21, 2009

pretty

while searching thru house beautiful's piss poor website i managed to find (by complete accident i might add) this stunningly and simply decorated house. i love it. first of all the front is so clean looking and refreshing. talk about curb appeal. i'll bet it's equally gorgeous in the winter.

gorgeous:
in spite of the crime scene on the back wall, i love this dining room:
and this room:
perhaps my favorite room in this house and the sole reason i kept clicking to see more...this office:

this is taking a small, oddly shaped room and doing something really cool and unique to it without the use of over the top, cheap looking gimmicks. just the simple trompe l'oeil in the same green as the parsons desk. it's SOOOO GOOD!!!!! it's a "why-didn't-i-think-of-that?"imagine working in a place this lovely..sigh...


another clever design trick...i have lived in plenty of places where the bedroom's windows
only allowed 1 place for your bed...this idea here of the curtains in the middle of what appears to be a wall of windows still allows for 2 windows on either side. great great GREAT!!!

9 comments:

boops said...

I love the lavender chest of drawers ... ok I've been converted (used to hate purple)

mb said...

Oh my. The same house, all the photos? I am in love. I need to move in, with the furniture and everything intact. It is my dream house.

Viera said...

absolutely stunning. truly!
XX
V

alison giese Interiors said...

Good to the last drop - Slurp!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I can't stop drooling over the kitchen table! And then the finale of the great bathroom vanity! Wow! I would move right in and not change a thing.

Anonymous said...

I. LOVE. THIS.

Sarah Greenman said...

I love the dining room with the blood red artwork at the end. So graphic and gorgeous and super sexy.

The Townhouselady said...

This is one hellava house. Lucky bastards.

Lauren said...

this is one of my all-time favorite houses. EVER.