Monday, November 2, 2009

monday color combo

hello monday!!!! i hope you all had a safe halloween free of razor blades in your laffy taffy or poison in your milky way's. we here at the anderson household started a new tradition called the switch witch. where the little person in our house trades up her candy for a toy of her choice delivered santa style by the switch witch. i let her pick out 3 pieces of candy of her choice from her trick or treat bag and the rest was for the switch witch to take up to her tree house where she would stuff herself with all the candy until her teeth fell out. unfortunately i was too sick to go trick or treating so i was here manning the door. trick or treating in the 'hood is quite different than trick or treating in white-y town. let's just say the WHOLE family gets in on it. mom's, dad's, aunties, uncles, infants...all have their kroger bags open and waiting for candy. no costumes either. i can't decide whether this is highly annoying or completely awesome. either way halloween is an event in my neighborhood.

so now that the oranges and blacks of halloween are behind us let us make way for the rich browns and golds (and sometimes yellows-which is really just gold without the shiny) of deep autumn. like hazelnut chocolate wrapped in gold paper, luxurious and comforting.

images via gorgeouxphotostream via flickr, john atkinson art, jonathan adler, cote de texas, country living, several from decor pad, monceauphotostream via flickr, elle decor, josh murfitt via flickr, madness extravagance, love my earth, moodboard, marie claire maison, martha moments, sfgirlbybay, the lennoxx, tiger lily the cat, several from veranda

18 comments:

LindsB said...

Such a fab color combo- I love the second picture down, the wallpaper is just to die for!

court. said...

Am I allowed to say, "I die."???

lovin it. hope you're feeling better!

anita said...

gorgeous pics! i tried to choose a favorite and just couldn't! LOVE this color combo.

mb said...

You must be feeling better to have put together that fabulous post. I too cannot pick my favorite and my best. Too many fine rooms to choose from. (and a kitty and a pair of shoes)

So glad to have Halloween behind us.
Next stop, Thanksgiving.

Petunia Face said...

Yes, the pics are beautiful--but I am here to say that Switch Witch is GENIUS. Absolute Nobel prize-worthy GENIUS.

Mrs. Limestone said...

Oh I love when I see a whole family getting into the Halloween act. Makes it that much more special (not to mention the great photos!) of a memory if everyone is having fun. I always feel bad for the kids whose parent clearly aren't enjoying trapsing around town with their tots in tow.

Anonymous said...

Oh! The National Geographic bookcase room is so pretty. It has that sunlight in it that turns everyone into a light-bathing cat.

Also, I didn't bother to count the pics, but I assume the vagina envy is over the golden geese bowls? Man. I want a gilded vagina too. I'm right there with you, Irene.

Anonymous said...

I think the switch witch is a fab idea. Definitely promotes not gorging yourself on sweets because it is a holiday. If I were to ever have children I'd totally steal this idea.

Anonymous said...

amazingly beautiful post! JUST the way to start a hectic Monday morning! Thank you, Jenny! BTW, switch witch is brilliant!

Fargerike Dagny said...

Great collection of images! And perfect timing! I'm totally stuck on what to do with our master bedroom, and it has the same color palette :)

Thanks and have a great Monday!

Sarah Greenman said...

The Switch Witch is a brilliant idea. We made it through the holiday without cuts, bruises or calling poison control - so I'm feeling pretty good about it! Love this color combo. I'm in the process of pulling my living room together and I'm doing browns, golds and blue splashes. So this post has got me dreaming up all sorts of goodness for my space! Thanks, as always!

alison giese Interiors said...

This was one of my favorite color combos, yet. I'm savin' some of these images myself, don't try to stop me, either! ;)

Oh yes, that brings back awesome trick or treating memories. When we lived in NC, the city blocked off our street (Main) for the whole town to come trick or treating down. The best we saw: pregnant lady (no costume) "trick or treatin' for my baby." Shit you NOT!

The Townhouselady said...

Luscious combo. So rich and warm. Love it.

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Pretty glitzy color combo even for a non-golden girl!

BRILLIANT Switch-witch - I'm snaggin' this next year!

wyatts&fionasnana said...

Love those wingtip shoes, and was that a Dutch Apple Pie I spied????!!!!
I love fall color!!!

MFAMB said...

no mom it was this: http://www.thedinnerfiles.com/?p=1534

Petunia Face said...

Just wanted to come back to tell you that Zoey is in love with the Switch Witch. She was so excited to put her Halloween bucket on the porch. I've already emptied it so when she opens the door in the morning--magic! The Switch Witch traded her for a toy horse. THANKS FOR THE IDEA! (I'm totally eating a Reese's peanut butter cup right now).

Rachel said...

These are beautiful!
So many pretty things, like the metallic gold lampshade, and that chocolate brown bedroom, and the kitteh....
Thanks for sharing!