Tuesday, March 23, 2010

happy 101 award. for me. and you too bc i share my greatness with you. without you i am not awesome.

therese over at la dolfina gave me an award. cool. i think really the award is for you though bc you get to know me better and that is awesome for you. i am supposed to tell you 10 things that make me happy. so.....


10 things that me happy.

pooping.there is no greater sense of accomplishment.


my daughter.she is the reason for everything.



mike.he is my better half. usually. plus he folds heaps of laundry.



nicolas.there is no greater comfort to me when i am feeling down than my nose in him's soft, warm tuft.



blogging and my blog readers.many of you have become very dear to me. and blogging with you and for you is like riding a magic narwal through frosted cupcake crumbs with my mouth open.



alcohol.i don't drink much at any given time, but i do drink almost every day. i look forward to wine while i get dinner started. and a good cocktail made with the finest ingredients is very refined and makes me feel very glamorous.



cooking.i can cook anything and i can prove it. in fact if MFAMB didn't take up most of my time i would have a food blog too. maybe one day. when fiona is older.



my dearest west coast anna.we have been friends forevah and the sound of her voice on the other end of the phone could make the worst headache disappear. (she makes me forget my troubles dummies!)



the previews before the movie.they are so often better than the actual movie you are about to see. and if you are coming to the movies with me you better fucking be on time!! and that means on time for the previews.
and if you talk through the previews i will throw eye daggers at you and they hurt. bc my eyes are magic and the daggers are real, tiny (bc they come out of my eyes) and sharp like the ones this guy carries.



tiny cute animals.doesn't matter what kind. but i can't be around them bc i would turn into lenny from of mice and men and squeeze them so hard i would kill them. sads.


31 comments:

alison giese Interiors said...

Sweetest words about your friend. Loads of love right back at ya - you make blogging that much more great for me!

MaryBeth said...

I love the previews more than the movies. It is almost like seeing 15 movies in one sitting, they show the best part of the movies during the previews anyway, so there is almost no point in going to the actual show.
Ditto on squeezing little live things. I get very carried away with babies and puppies. This, I really thought was a serious problem only I had. Glad to hear there are other seriously ill people out there!

LindsB said...

best list ever. starting with #1- I think i pooped my pants just reading that on your list- love it all!

Brianne said...

Dying laughing about #1. Not many people would dare put it down...but lets be honest that most people think it. Love the pooping cloud!!

Thanks for making my day.

Bridget said...

i LOVE previews.

ashlina {the decorista} said...

omg i heart you.
your #1 is so my #1....halarious. i love it.

AppleTree said...

What kind of tiny cute is that? I mean it is so tiny and cute.

Keri said...

I love throwing eye daggers.

The Neo-Traditionalist said...

You kill me. Dying laughing. Oh and your family---adorbable. XO Katie

sketch42 said...

Love you.... your list was adorable!

Erica Cook said...

Ok- just really getting to know the blog world, and therefore, you too. But must say, I'm stepping out on a limb here and saying I think I love you. That made me smile a big smile. xo

susie q said...

Awww... I love what you love. Nice list.

gayhooker said...

Bitch. Why didn't I make your top 10?

BTW: The google word verification I'm about to enter is "cumma" - lololololololol

Raina Cox said...

An enema of MFAMB goodness!

essbesee said...

did that cloud just shit a rainbow? he did didn't he?
you have a beautiful family.
where did you get that blogging graphic? tell me you made it and you have cemented my lurve for ya.
hell, the cloud taking a rainbow dump already cemented it.

A Perfect Gray said...

once again, you totally do it for us, babe...

Andrea Mouritsen said...

Welp, this does it. You are officially the most hilarious ever. And also, your blog is better than everyone elses.

MFAMB said...

im A- duh. just kidding. thanks. love that you said "welp".

sherri- found a picture of a narwhal, drew myself on it and the cupcake crumbs.

thanks so much everyone.
and gayhooker- you are on probation. i will add u to that list when you start cumming back more frequently and make up your mind about your damn blog.
you took my love away- sinead.

Unknown said...

You're pretty dear to me too :) xo

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

I want to feel glamourous and drink cocktails, cook and squeeze cute little furry things too!

J'adore MFAMB!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Congrats! Funny, funny as weel as sweet list!!!

Course I knew I liked you and your blog when we posted our love of the same kitchen! The one that isn't, but should be, discussed all over blog world and the owner actually contacted us!

Archer said...

I drink wine almost daily too! Twins!

MerciBlahBlah said...

I love that pooping topped the list over your family. I can't believe it took me this long to find your blog. Rock out witcho #$#$ out, woman.

Merci!
Shannan

anita said...

if i miss the previews, i get horribly pissed off. it's something i'm working on in therapy.
i think from now on i'll address you as lenny...instead of jenny.

Rachel said...

LOL!!! Woman, every time I read your blog, you have me laughing out loud, literally.

From the gross camel-toe shorts, to the design turd series, to your craigslist finds - you definitely deserve an award!! You have great style, and the most hilarious way of expressing it. Love your blog - and love you!

But I am sads about the small and cute animals too... How could you kill something so cute???? Awww....

Erika Machamer said...

Sweet smelly farts!

I have a new FB profile picture.

I want to touch it and love it and make it my own!!

pegr said...

you.are.precious.

Hello Lover... said...

Ummm that magic narwal image rocks.

paule anne said...

narwhals, trailers, cocktails. you had me at your tracy anderson demo but this post has me hooked!

woot!

Natalie said...

You. are. hilarious. Loving the pooping cloud. You go, girl. Literally.

prashant said...

think i pooped my pants just reading that on your list- love it all!
Contextual Ad Network India