Wednesday, August 19, 2009

pottery barn has pushed a button

somehow this room appeals. nothing makes me want to pull my eyelashes out more than an over styled bed but i was able to overlook it this one time. back when MFaMB was a young girl in the 70's this is the bedroom my neighborhood bestie had and i loved it. while i was swimming in a sea of red shag and pink walls covered in posters my neighbor was living in a pure blue, yellow and white botanical heaven. something about this room SCREAMS at me to shut my eyes and remember the good ole days. the clean, plush low pile carpet, the silence and frosty cold of a good air conditioner, the matching white bedroom set with all of her tchochkes (including but not limited to a silver brush, mirror and comb set, several well placed unicorns, kitten bookends holding the entire judy blume collection in place and a music/jewelry box with a twirling ballerina) and us sitting on her perfectly made bed discussing what we were going to do that day.


if fiona asked me for this bed i fear i would have to give it to her.


4 comments:

The Blushing Hostess said...

I agree, it is better. Loving the lightness of it.

Anonymous said...

My boat mate's cabin looked like this when I lived on a schooner on Fire Island.

Southern Aspirations said...

Ah, the twirling ballerina. Every once in a while, I am captivated by one of their styled beds!

Kitty Sheehan said...

i just blogged about some things in their new catalog, to my own surprise.
"well placed unicorns"...i'm going to use that in a conversation. thanks!