Monday, January 25, 2010

playing dirty

dear readers,
whether you love or hate eddie ross (love) you cannot deny the power of his room so don't let the corporate fuckheads over at AT with all their masses of employees beat out the man behind the most awesome country house ever...the one who loves to take us all to a flea market and show us how to spot the find of our lives..the man who showed us that when lovers share sweater vests and bow ties they become a force of design nerdiness...the man who took kathie lee gifford's home from upstatefussandstuff to upstatechristmasfussandstuff ridding us of her awful chintz forever and toning everything down a notch. thanks eddie, should i ever get invited to kathie's for christmas now i won't throw up all over my face. go now my little spartacus's and kick apartment therapy's ass!!!!



the bastards playing dirty:

for my review on the rooms (and to see the rooms) up for judging, go HERE.
if you've already seen the rooms but were too fucking lazy to vote, reconsider and go vote HERE.

10 comments:

Anna White said...

lol...LOVE IT....and have already voted...clearly they should win!!

Krysta said...

This one is tough for me. Of the three rooms I def think Eddie's is the best. And I know the online design community has been having a collective orgasm over his room. And there are parts of his room that I l.o.v.e. love (hello mini bar on the bookshelves). And please don't shoot me. But, dude his room isn't that awesome. Parts are fun and interesting. And maybe that's the point. And his room is better than that horribly boring room that the person who isn't Eddie or AT put together (see I can't even remember who designed it).

But some elements look like the modern woman moved into her grandma's apartment and brought her ikat pillows and pink pashmina with her.

h. m. settoon said...

I'm confused. How is Maxwell's asking for votes on his own blog different from Eddie asking for votes on his blog, as well as all of his friend's blogs?

nelya said...

You are a force to be reckoned with, Jenny. Yes. You. Are.

Anonymous said...

Design Junkie, exactly. I happen to like Eddie's window the best, but all the hysteria over this contest is so ridiculous.

jennifer said...

hellllooooooo, spartacus!

modGIRL said...

YOU are GREAT!!!!! met eddie and jaithan this weekend in NYC and they raved about your blog. love your honesty and humor!!!

agreed, e & j have blown the "competition" out of the water:)

LindsB said...

I voted lots and lots, I hope he wins!!

Lauren said...

hahaha love the last line.

jen said...

I hate the room but love Eddie.







word verification: "voloppi"